On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favorite line of the song. Try to avoid putting the song title in the line. Then, have your friends comment and see if they know the songs.
1. "What we want and what we need / Has been confused, been confused"
2. "I know that there's a point I've missed / a shrine or stone I haven't kissed / a scar that never graced my wrist / a mirror that hasn't met my fist"
3. "All in all I'm / loving every rise and fall / the sun will male and I will take / breath to be sure of this"
4. "So now we'll break tradition, we'll leave you swimming in our wake / Without your inspiration, you won't survive, you'll surely drown"
5. "I've seen so much in so many places / so many heartaches, so many faces / so many dirty things / you couldn't believe"
6. "And so defeated, I proceeded unencumbered"
7. "Eye of a hurricane, listen to yourself churn - world serves its own needs, don't misserve your own needs. Feed it up a knock, speed, grunt no, strength no. Ladder structure clatter with fear of height, down height."
8. "I read a book about Uncle Tom / Where a whitey bastard made a bomb / But now Ebonics rule our song / Those motherfuckers got it wrong"
9. "Breathing in your skin tonight / Quiet is my loudest cry / Wouldn't wanna wake the eyes that make me melt inside"
10. "The teacher stands in front of the class / But the lesson plan he can't recall / The student's eyes don't perceive the lies / Bouncing off every fucking wall / His composure is well kept / I guess he fears playing the fool / The complacent students sit and listen to that / Bullshit that he learned in school"
11. "Sometimes it's faded / Disintegrated / For fear of growing old / Sometimes it's faded / Assassinated / For fear of growing old"
[At this point, it became clear that iTunes needs a better random number generator...]
12. "Haunted by my abandoned dreams / Tiny voices where would be screams" (A hard one...there are at least one or two other lines in this song I love. Amazing considering how short it is, and that I don't like the way it sounds.)
13. "Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you / You are my only one / I let go, there's just no one--no one like you..."
14. "You tell the world I'm dead to you / But I know you want me back now"
15. "What the hell is going on? / The cruelest dream, reality"
16. "And do you think I'm wasting my time / Doing things I wanna do?"
17. "To readjust you've got to trust / that all the fuss is just a minor thing"
18. "Wanna hold my wife when I get home / Wanna tell the kids they'll never know / how much I love to see them smile / Wanna make a change or two right now / Wanna live a life like you somehow / Wanna make your sacrifice worthwhile" (The lyrics to this song make me shiver. It's insane.)
19. "When you get lonely if no one's around / You know that I'll catch you when you're falling down"
20. "Way up on the mountain where she died / All I ever wanted was your life"