I find it extremely ironic that the first version of Windows I've bought in six years is accusing me of piracy.
Gave out the presents for my immediate family today:
- Blake: this shirt from Jinx (which so totally fits his existence). He was highly amused.
- Mom: one of those multi-card-reader widgets, because her cool new digicam has one big weakness: you can only download images from it via TWAIN (like a scanner). She said it was very thoughtful.
- Dad: a Best Buy gift card in a CD case (it came that way). I was a bit worried that he wouldn't like it, but he said that there were a couple albums that didn't make his list, so he'd probably get one of them. (He got a Modest Mouse CD tonight. o.o That's one of the bands on my station, though not one of my favorites...)
- Devonie: a (cheap) computer case, so she can use the 800mhz Duron I upgraded out of, instead of her current 300mhz K6-2 (!). She was thrilled, which was good...she hadn't seemed that enthusiastic about buying the thing herself.
- The Thinkgeek "Dammit Jim, I'm a sysadmin, not a babysitter!" shirt.
- A little tiny switch so I can hook up more than one computer in my room. (I asked for a hub, but Dad said the switch was on sale, so it was actually cheaper than a hub. Which is nuts, because a switch is like a hub on steroids.)
This is gonna be bad. Or good...