Most of the last couple weeks have been spent obsessively reading fanfiction, culminating in what I'll call the Triangle Prophecy Trilogy. (The first of the stories is here.) This is some of the best fanfic I've ever read, with excellent characterization, a coherent plot, and compelling twists. The damn thing sucked me in so completely that whenever I stopped reading it for a bit, I was left with whatever emotions Harry was feeling at that point in the story. It also has one of the best original characters I've ever seen—Jamie, from the second of the trilogy. I was sad to finish that one because I knew that I'd probably never read another story with Jamie in it. As suggested from the fact that it's a trilogy, it branches off before Order of the Phoenix, so like most other pre-OOTP fics it's sort of bittersweet—I may like whatever the authors have done with it, but I miss the twins' escape, the wonderfully horrible Umbridge, and Luna Lovegood.
A few other developments in the last couple days:
- I got a new pair of skates that don't crunch my feet so much. (A good pair of hockey skates has to be tight enough that your feet cramp when you sit down, but it certainly shouldn't give you ingrown toenails.) I'm going to try to skate every morning.
- I bought a D&D player's handbook, and I'm meeting with a gathering of OC players in a few days. (It's a meeting to meet other players, not a meeting to actually play.)
- I'm also studying for Linux+.
- I've totally neglected my e-mail in the last few days, but I'll be fixing that.
- I went geocaching with my parents yesterday; we had coordinates for four caches in a canyon about twenty minutes from my house, and found all of them.
- I have a new usericon. I adore it.